Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [3.4.1] Problems with Files > 2GB

2004-11-29 10:10:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [3.4.1] Problems with Files > 2GB
From: brent.rohloff AT Dartmouth DOT EDU (Brent R. Rohloff)
Date: 29 Nov 2004 10:10:23 EST
You need at least 4.5 FP 6 for Linux files over 2 GB.
We had to  wait for  that specific version because of the same problem.

4.5 FP 7 is the current version,
but it introduces a problem of having the Media servers send spurious VMD error
notices.
That is supposed to be fixed in 4.5 FP 8 in January.

Brent Rohloff
UNIX System Manager
Dartmouth College
603-646-1453
brent.rohloff AT dartmouth DOT edu

--- Jerry wrote:
Netbackup client support for linux with large files
didn't come until the 4.5 client with a specific
feature pack I believe.  I think it was FP3 or FP6.

In the client matrix on veritas' site they have a
specific note for linux saying that only a specific
version and higher supports large files.

--- Arne Kloecker <arne AT topnet DOT de> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> i recently ran into the following Problem:
> We have one client doing UserBackups, which has one
> file that grew above 2GB
> recently. At this point, Netbackup silently stopped
> backing up this file. No
> error message, no suspicious log-entry.
> After splitting the file into several chunks <2GB it
> was backed up again with
> no problems.
>
> The involved computers are:
> Client: Linux
> Master-Server: Linux 2.4.25
> Media-Server: Sun Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8)
>
> Used Backup Software: Netbackup Datacenter 3.4.1
>
> Do you have any ideas what is going wrong here?
>
> TIA
--- end of quote ---