Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media ID generation

2004-11-30 17:42:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media ID generation
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:42:52 -0500
Hello Imran

No you can use 1:2:3:4:5:6

But there can be issues with the placement of the rule, depending on which
admin client you are using.

Are you using the jnbSA client run from the master, or the windows mfc admin
client or ...

If you use the windows mfc admin client it stores and uses the rule data on the
pc that you are running the client on and not the data on the master server.

If you are using a cluster is the admin client running on one node and the tape
daemons on another. You might want to copy the rule to ever server in the
cluster.

len