Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] CLI Activity Monitor equivalent

2004-11-24 12:55:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] CLI Activity Monitor equivalent
From: KFreels AT askjeeves DOT com (Kevin Freels)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:55:33 -0800
Greetings!!

I searched through my archives, but didn't see anything regarding this
exact tip/trick, so my apologies if this slipped past me.

I'm looking for a way via a CLI that I can get a daily output of the
jobs that have run in the last 24 hours and some details of what they
backed up. bperror can do some of this, but it seems to only provide
some of the policy info, not really the stuff you would see in the
"details" in the GUI for a particular job.

When I run bperror with a "-backstat -U" or "-backstat -L", I get a lot
of info about the status for each job, but I need to see what particular
directories are backed up by the job. Some of these jobs are kicked off
by cron jobs on the client (since we have to wait for the particular
dirs to reach a "settled" state), so bperror reports the client and the
start/end times, but not the dir I specified in the bpbackup command on
the client.

Any hints?

If I need to, I can run a bperror listing based on job ID, parse it out,
and then run info based on each job ID if I have to, but that's a lot of
work if something easier exists!  :-)

As always, thanks for the tips! Happy Thanksgiving!!

....k
Kevin Freels                         kfreels AT askjeeves DOT com
Senior UNIX SysAdmin                          510.985.7444
Ask Jeeves                                         ask.com
"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."