Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] onbar -v spawning "bpdbjobs -report -all_columns"

2004-11-23 15:26:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] onbar -v spawning "bpdbjobs -report -all_columns"
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:26:59 -0500
We have a Veritas 4.5 FP7 master / media server running on Solaris and the
onbar client is HPUX 10 w/ Informix.

Problem is that when an "onbar -v" is run from the client, for each of the
little restore jobs (18-20 total), it also spawns a "bpdbjobs -report
-all_columns" report on our master server. Even though our master server is a
Sun v480 w/ 4 procs, 18-20 of these spikes the load average up beyond 19+.

Does anyone know why these get spawned as part of the onbar -v process and how
to stop it. It doesn't seem to happen every time, just have seen it crop up
recently...

Thanks,
Harry Schaefer
Atlanta, GA