Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mandrake Client not supported

2004-11-21 21:22:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mandrake Client not supported
From: juanino AT yahoo DOT com (Jerry)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:22:08 -0800 (PST)
I'm pretty sure the linux client works similar to the
Solaris client.  Of course, this is unsupported, but
if you install the on a supported box, tar up the
files and untar them in the resulting location you'll
be fine.  Just tar up /opt/openv, and make any inetd
or xinetd changes manually.  For my environment I made
an rpm that makes it very easy to install quickly.
Mandrake should be binary compatible with the
"supported" linux versions, assuming the kernel is
within a reasonable version.  Let me know off-list or
on-list if you need more help trying this.

Jerry