Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Firewall between master and client

2004-11-10 09:22:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Firewall between master and client
From: Dan.Otto AT veritas DOT com (Dan Otto)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:22:40 -0600
That command tells the client to use non-reseved ports not Vnetd. Run
this command from the command line to set up the client to use Vnetd-

To change the client from the command line, you could use the bpclient
command as follows-

bpclient -client (client name) -update -no_callback 1

Then run this to verify it is setup correctly-

The output from running ./bpclient -client cdsntg02 -L is as follows:

Client Name: cdsntg02
 Current Host:
        Hostname: cdsntg02
        IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
 Connect on non-reserved port:  no
 No call-back connections:      yes (means it is using Vnetd)
 Dynamic Address:       no
 Free Browse:   Deny
 List Restore:  Allow Both
 Max Jobs This Client:  5