Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault info in bpdbjobs -all_columns output

2004-11-08 14:42:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault info in bpdbjobs -all_columns output
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:42:08 -0600
--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN

* Hardy, Andrew <Andrew.Hardy AT marks-and-spencer DOT com> [2004-11-08 13:05]:
> David,
>=20
> Here is the info you need (previously sent to me by David Chapa)
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Andy Hardy
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 1)jobid,(2)jobtype,(3)state,(4)status,(5)class,(6)sched,(7)client,(8)ser
> ver,(9)queuedtime,(10)elapsedfromqueuedtime,(11)endtime,(12)stunit,(13)b
> ackuptry,(14)operationtype,
> (15)kbytes,(16)files,(17)pathlastwritten,(18)percent,(19)jobpid,(20)owne
> r,(21)subtype,(22)classtype,(23)schedule_type,(24)jobpriority,(25)group,
> (26)masterserver,
> (27)retentionunits,(28)retentionperiod,(29)compression,(30)kbyteslastwri
> tten,(31)fileslastwritten,(32)filelistcount,(33*)[files]...,(34*)trycoun
> t,[trypid,trystunit,tryserver,trystarted,tryelapsed,tryended,trystatus,t
> rystatusdescription,trystatuscount,[trystatuslines]...,trybyteswritten,t
> ryfileswritten]...
> =20
> Everything up to Field 32 is fixed beyond that the output is dynamic and
> you will find out how many name files in the files list based on the
> number in field 32.  If you add that number to 33 (next field) it will
> take you to the number of tries the backup job attempted.  For the first
> try move over 4 to get the start time of the first try, 5 for the elapse
> time of the first try, 6 for the end time of the first try, etc.

Thanks, but I am aware of these. I was looking more toward the
differences that Vault throws into this in 4.5. I am trying to verify
that these fields still appy. For example, I have come across some Vault
jobs that have multiple stus defined in field 12, separated by commas.
Sometimes the comma is escaped with a backslash, sometimes it is not.
When it's not, it gets parsed incorrectly and throws off all the
calculations. I'm trying to figure out if there are any other surprises
because of Vault information (or any other jobs, for that matter).

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN