Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restricting *master server* from restores

2004-11-04 16:05:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restricting *master server* from restores
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:05:51 -0700
I have an odd request from our security folks.  They'd like to restrict
restores for a particular client to allow only the client to be able request
a restore.

If the NB master server is compromised, they'd don't want the evil-doer to
be able to overwrite the secured server.

My reading shows that I can forbid a client from requesting restore jobs
(via bp.conf and/or bpclient options) but, it seems, a master server is
named this way for a reason.

Anybody have a method?

-M

  There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
  those that know binary, and those that don't.
  Mark Donaldson - SA - Corporate Express