Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] restoring from a disk based backup

2004-11-01 18:22:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] restoring from a disk based backup
From: techlists AT comcast DOT net (Paul Greene)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:22:01 -0500
Hi,

We need to create a domain controller in a test environment that exactly
mirrors a production domain controller. We're using Netbackup and
backing up to a disk array. There is a tape drive on the production
environment, but not on the test environment. The 2 networks have no
connectivity between them.

I was going to transfer a disk image from the production domain
controller to the test environment through the use of an external USB
hard drive, and then import the image on the test Netbackup server.
However, it appears from the Netbackup documentation that you cannot
import from a disk based image.

Does anyone know of any workarounds?

The specs are:

Windows 2000 Server