Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bare Metal restore servers

2004-10-29 08:30:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bare Metal restore servers
From: ray.schafer AT veritas DOT com (Ray Schafer)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 05:30:53 -0700
Paul,

A SunBlade 100 with 512 MB RAM and 30 GB disk will be plenty of power and
space for 25 clients.

Create a non-adminstrative user called bmradmin and place it in a group
called bmradmin.
Make a /var/bmr filesystem with 2 GB of space.
Make a /export/srt filesystem with 2 GB of space.

Make sure that bmradmin can read and execute (Change directory to) /export,
and that bmradmin owns /export/srt.