Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 9840's are downed due bad media

2004-10-22 08:50:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 9840's are downed due bad media
From: rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com (Rolf C)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:50:56 +0200
We have an STK Library connected with ACSLS and 3 STK 9840 tape drives.
Running NBU 4.5MP6 on Windows 2000 and Windows 2003

We have the problem that Veritas is putting a 9840 down with a bad media
error (on many different tapes) The tapedrive gets unavailable for the other
media servers aswel. We only can get the tapedrive up again after restarting
the NBU services on all media servers.

I thought that bad media gets frozen, but not that the tapedrives are
downed. This is a big issue this weekend because 2 bad tapes can fail all
our backups this weekend.

Anyone an idea how to configure Veritas so it will not down the drive when a
bad media error appears. (it are really bad media and not bad device errors)

Thanks

Ook een gouden buddy worden in Messenger? Go for gold!
http://mobile.msn.com/?lc=nl-nl