Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "NDMP doesn't work on Linux yet" - can anyone confirm

2004-10-21 21:30:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "NDMP doesn't work on Linux yet" - can anyone confirm
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:30:23 -0700 (PDT)

> Can anyone confirm Jennifer Hooper's comment about NDMP on linux. This
> effects my planning significantly. We are planning to move to linux (RH ES
> 3) and backup a yet to arrive NetApp.

Depends on what you mean by NDMP.  There's lots of configurations.

I would assume that it supports the traditional use where the NB machine
is a scheduler, and directs the netapp to backup to a local drive or to
another netapp.

I could believe that it does not support being a target for NDMP
sessions (to a drive local to the Linux box), but I'm just speculating.

Do you need the second configuration?