Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 to 4.5FP upgrade

2004-10-18 09:17:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 to 4.5FP upgrade
From: Toni.T.Banire AT gsk DOT com (Toni.T.Banire AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:17:27 +0100
--=_alternative 004919A180256F31_=

Hello

I recently upgraded a NetBackup DataCenter 3.4 master server running
Solaris to NBU 4.5 FP3. The upgrade went ok. However, all the old configs
appear to be preserved except for the contents of the images db. So now I
can't restore anything prior to the upgrade. When I browse media for dates
prior to the upgrade nothing is displayed.

I converted the catalog with the cat_convert command (cat_convert a2b
\image_3.4 images). All the old image info is still held in the images_3.4
dir but it doesn't appear to have converted any of the old data.

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Toni

--=_alternative 004919A180256F31_=

3.4 master server running Solaris to NBU 4.5 FP3. The upgrade went ok.
However, all the old configs appear to be preserved except for the contents
of the images db. So now I can't restore anything prior to the upgrade.
When I browse media for dates prior to the upgrade nothing is displayed.</font>
command (cat_convert a2b \image_3.4 images). All the old image info is
still held in the images_3.4 dir but it doesn't appear to have converted
any of the old data.</font>
--=_alternative 004919A180256F31_=--