Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dell Powervault 122t and BackupExec 9.1

2004-10-06 14:20:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dell Powervault 122t and BackupExec 9.1
From: bedros.geyoghlian AT sbcglobal DOT net (Bedros Geyoghlian)
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:20:22 -0700
At 08:42 AM 10/6/2004, Patricia Harmon wrote:
>We just got a Dell PowerVault 122t, 1 drive, 8 slots and Backup exec 9.1
>running on an Windows 2000. We have selected the eject media after the job
>completes. The job runs successfully but the tape is put back in the slot
>not being ejected.  Any ideas what we might need to do?

Are you trying to put the tape in a load port/mailslot?  The "eject media
after job completes" only works for standalone drives and just ejects the
tape from a drive.  If you're trying to eject the tape to a mail slot,
you'll need to select the slot under the "Devices" section and then select
"Export".

Hope this helps.

- Bedros

Bedros R. Geyoghlian                    Mobile: 408.504.3856
Technical Instructor and Consultant     FAX   : 510.372.0128
Geyoghlian & Associates                 bedros.geyoghlian AT sbcglobal DOT net