Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup error catalog question

2004-09-29 14:59:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup error catalog question
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:59:54 -0400
You do this with the "Keep Logs" property.  In the Admin GUI, look
under the "Global Attributes" page of "Master Server" properties under
"Host Properties".  On Unix, use a KEEP_LOGS entry in bp.conf.  As this
controls more than just the error log, it may be reasonable to decrease
the control value.  The default is 28 days; I use 10 days.  Nota Bene: a
few logs don't seem to be pruned by this control, including the java
logs, the volmgr/debug logs and vault logs.

cheers, wayne