Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup error catalog question

2004-09-29 14:26:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup error catalog question
From: simont AT mitre DOT org (Simon Tetelbaum)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:26:38 -0400
How long is data retained in this catalog? Is there anyway to configure
Netbackup to lengthen/shorten this retention period?

We currently have a script that parses backup information that seems to
be based primarily on the output of bperror. I have to Master/Media
servers running independently but with virtually identical
configurations, however when I run the script on one requesting
information on all backups I get about 3 months of data, while on the
other only 3 weeks. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Simon Tetelbaum