Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Disaster Recovery Test

2004-09-24 10:24:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Disaster Recovery Test
From: briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com (briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:24:38 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4A242.39851578

We use In-Line Tape Copy with the primary tape being created at a second =
campus and the secondary tape created locally and then vaulted off-site. =
 I sent the primary tapes to our BCP recovery facility for our test =
because a restore will request the primary tape.  In a true disaster, we =
would be dependent on the secondary tapes.  Is there a way to globally =
make all your secondary tapes as primary tapes?

I'm concerned that if I have to manually change these to primary on a =
server by server basis that it would significantly extend our recovery =
time.

TIA

Brian

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4A242.39851578

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>NetBackup Disaster Recovery Test</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We use In-Line Tape Copy with the =
primary tape being created at a second campus and the secondary tape =
created locally and then vaulted off-site.&nbsp; I sent the primary =
tapes to our BCP recovery facility for our test because a restore will =
request the primary tape.&nbsp; In a true disaster, we would be =
dependent on the secondary tapes.&nbsp; Is there a way to globally make =
all your secondary tapes as primary tapes?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I'm concerned that if I have to =
manually change these to primary on a server by server basis that it =
would significantly extend our recovery time.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">TIA</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Brian</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C4A242.39851578--