Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Summary of sorts: Drop built-in catalog backup for rsync?

2004-09-23 10:41:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Summary of sorts: Drop built-in catalog backup for rsync?
From: William.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:41:49 -0400
Andre asked:

> How do I disable the automatic catalog backup?

   I use the X GUI, xbpadm, and I run NBU 3.4 on Solaris. :7)
   That said, in the main "NetBackup Administration" window on the
Master Server, from the File menu, choose the item "Change NetBackup DB
Backup Attributes" (third from the bottom). The fourth item on this
screen is a pop-up menu titled "When to Backup" which you will want to
change to "Never (must be manually initiated)" before clicking on the
"OK" button.
   I believe that you can also use the bpsyncinfo command to do this,
though I have not done so myself, and have no documentation for the
command.
   The System Administrator's Guide should also describe this in more
detail, with no doubt some useful warnings and background information.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator