Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 9 full system restore

2004-09-22 22:18:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 9 full system restore
From: Dwayne.Brzozowski AT mail.va DOT gov (Brzozowski, Dwayne)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:18:05 -0500
Hi,
I am having a problem and hope someone can help. I have a Solaris 9 NB
4.53FP3 server and a Solaris 9 client. I need to perform a full system
restore of the client, which I have never done. I was not running Volume
Manager so the boot disk was not mirrored. Is there a way to restore the
os/apps/homedirs without crashing the box during the restore? Any help would
be greatly appreciated! thanks!

-Dwayne

Dwayne J. Brzozowski
Department of Veterans Affairs