Veritas-bu

FW: [Veritas-bu] Drop built-in catalog backup for rsync?

2004-09-21 16:19:20
Subject: FW: [Veritas-bu] Drop built-in catalog backup for rsync?
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:19:20 -0400
> Doug Ritschel Wrote:
>
>Veritas does not recommend just backup up the files in
>the catalog using something like rsync.
>
>Why don't you just use a cron job to run bpbackupdb in
>the morning afer the backups complete?

I use both.  I have the Master server backup the catalogs
to tape and rsync the catalogs to the Master in our other
datacenter (and vice versa).  If I ever had to restore
something from one datacenter to another, I just copy or
sym_link the catalogs for the restore, use the FORCE_RESTORE
_MEDIA_SERVER in bp.conf, put the tapes in the other ATL and bam!

Saves me the time of importing the stupid things.

--
Dan