Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File Exclusions

2004-09-21 13:17:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File Exclusions
From: MDay AT qrs DOT com (Mike Day)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:17:57 -0700
Does anyone know why when I've excluded the following the files still get
backed up?  As you will see I've even tried using different syntax.  I've
been successful excluding folders but the owner of the server does not want
me to exclude the parent folders and sub-folders will continue to be created
in the future.

I'm trying to exclude SAP/Oracle database files with 'data??' and 'dbf'
extensions.  Here's what I've put in the exclude tab on the client
properties using the Administration Console:

*.DATA*
*.data*
*.data??
*.dbf
*.DBF

Master/Media is AIX 5.5.  Administration console is run on a Windows 2000
server.  I'm using DataCenter 4.5(6) and the client is a Windows 2000
server.