Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 -> 5.0+MP3 upgrade went smoothly, but...

2004-09-17 14:44:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 -> 5.0+MP3 upgrade went smoothly, but...
From: rfang AT coke.umuc DOT edu (Rongsheng Fang)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:44:56 -0400
Hi,

I just upgraded our master server from 4.5 MP6 to 5.0GA; then I
installed the 5.0 MP3 packs. Everything went smoothly during the
upgrade, except after the MP3 got installed, the package information for
VRTSnetbp, VRTSnbora (oracle agent), VRTSnbvlt (vault) don't have
anything to show the current NB version is 5.0 MP3. Moreover,
/usr/openv/netbackup/version still shows a version of 5.0GA:

NOTE: we are running Sun Solaris 9:
# uname -a
SunOS SYSBACKUP1 5.9 Generic_112233-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880

# cat /usr/openv/netbackup/version
HARDWARE SOLARIS
VERSION NetBackup 5.0GA
RELEASEDATE Thu Nov 6 05:00:05 CST 2003

# pkginfo -l VRTSnetbp
   PKGINST:  VRTSnetbp
      NAME:  VERITAS NetBackup and Media Manager
  CATEGORY:  application,tools
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  5.0,REV=2003.11.06.09.24
   BASEDIR:  /opt
    VENDOR:  VERITAS Software Corporation
      DESC:  NetBackup provides backup and restore services for client
systems and the management of storage devices and media.  Media Manager
has device and media management components for handling tapes drives,
optical disks, and robotic libraries.
    PSTAMP:  code20031106092608
  INSTDATE:  Sep 17 2004 13:09
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider.
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:      968 installed pathnames
                   6 shared pathnames
                  82 directories
                 464 executables
              522891 blocks used (approx)

# pkginfo -l VRTSnbora
   PKGINST:  VRTSnbora
      NAME:  VERITAS NetBackup for Oracle
  CATEGORY:  application,tools
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  5.0GA,REV=2003.10.31.16.41
   BASEDIR:  /opt
    VENDOR:  VERITAS Software Corporation
      DESC:  Extend the capabilities of NetBackup to include the backup
and restore of ORACLE databases through ORACLEs EBU and RMAN utilities,
and the logical export and import of ORACLE data in XML format for
long-term archival.  If licensed, extend the capabilities of NetBackup
to BLI backup and restore of O RACLE databases using the proxy copy
functionality of the media management API.  If licensed, extend the
capabilities of NetBackup to do Frozen Image and Offhost backups of
ORACLE databases using the proxy copy functionality of the media
management API."
    PSTAMP:  code20031031164236
  INSTDATE:  Sep 17 2004 13:39
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider.
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:        4 installed pathnames
                   3 shared pathnames
                   3 directories
                9970 blocks used (approx)

# pkginfo -l VRTSnbvlt
   PKGINST:  VRTSnbvlt
      NAME:  VERITAS NetBackup Vault
  CATEGORY:  application,tools
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  5.0,REV=2003.10.31.16.40
   BASEDIR:  /opt
    VENDOR:  VERITAS Software Corporation
      DESC:  NetBackup Vault automates disaster recovery preparations by
automating the selective duplication of backups and managing the
scheduled rotation of media to an offsite storage facility.
    PSTAMP:  code20031031164008
  INSTDATE:  Sep 17 2004 13:40
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider.
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:       31 installed pathnames
                   5 shared pathnames
                   6 directories
                  13 executables
               19243 blocks used (approx)

My question is: shouldn't the PSTAMP change to something that can show
the current version is 5.0 MP3? Is this expected or there might be
something wrong with the upgrade? (at least I know VRTSvxvm's PSTAMP can
show the detailed version info)

Thanks,

--
Rongsheng Fang                                  | Please send only GnuPG
Unix Systems Administrator                      | decodable or plain-text