Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Manager - Windows

2004-09-16 09:10:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Manager - Windows
From: Richard.Mansfield AT ncmail DOT net (Richard Mansfield)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:10:14 -0400
Current version - NB 4.5 FP5
Environment: Win2K Master - Win2K Media and Solaris Media Servers.
Solaris ACS robotic controller
We have two pools defined in ACS. Pool 1 defined as 000501-001200 Pool 3
defined as 000000-000500

We are trying to keep the media separate using just 1 scratch pool -
allowing the media servers to grab tapes based on rules stated above.

We have added the following entry to the vm.conf file on the media servers:
Inventory_filter = ACS0 by_ACS_pool 1  <== varied these last number
based on the different media server pools
Scratch_Pool = SCRATCH <== set the same for both media servers

Currently, when a fresh tape is called for - system retrieves the first
available tape from the scratch pool disregarding the tape number ranges.

Is it possible to keep the tapes separate using one master and two media
servers?

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized state official.