Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO2 backup speed just up to 5 MB/sec under

2004-09-14 21:26:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO2 backup speed just up to 5 MB/sec under
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:26:55 -0700 (PDT)
i made sure the st driver was patched to the latest
ver as it contains the appropriate driver for lto2
drives (we have hp fibre lto2).  we have shared mem
and other sysV related mem settings in /etc/system..
there is a technote for unix tuning  on
support.veritas.com.
it is dated, but perhaps they have a new one for 5.x
now.
--- Fernando Bóveda <fernando.boveda AT sunps.com DOT ar>
wrote:

> I am configuring an L180 with 4 LTO II
>
> I have some questions regarding this matter :
>
> Did you touch the st.conf on Solaris 8 or Solaris 9.
> ?
>
> The fragment size is really important or is best to
> leave it uncommented.
>
> Is there any parameter in the kernel, besides the
> params of Nebackup.
>
> I leave them :
>
> NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS = 64
> SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS = 262144              ( 256K )
>

> Best regards
> Fr

=====
aaarrrggghhh!!!!