Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup for SQL Server

2004-09-09 18:34:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup for SQL Server
From: wjwagman AT ucdavis DOT edu (Bill Wagman)
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:34:00 -0700
Greetings,

I am interested in people's experiences using Veritas' Netbackup for SQL
Server on Windows 2000. We have had very good luck using Netbackup for
Oracle on Solaris and I am investigating setting up Netbackup for SQL
Server on Windows 2000.  Licensing costs are an issue to be considered and
if the tradeoffs are such that there is no benefit I will stop here. I have
heard some negative reports about the interface but have not yet attempted
to test it. If anyone has had experience, positive or negative I would be
very interested in hearing them.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman AT ucdavis DOT edu
(530) 754-6208

"Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb. Now turn it
off and get to bed!"
Thomas Edison's Mother