Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault and Multiple Libraries

2004-09-07 18:43:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault and Multiple Libraries
From: davida AT telephia DOT com (David Ashamalla)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:43:08 -0700
They are both DLT Libraries, and tapes that may have been in one library
last month may be in the other library this month (that is to say that I
do not separate the tapes)

My concern with using a common volume group is that the vault inventory
reports do not list all of the tapes in my cabinet. There are two
reports, one for each library, but I have one common cabinet.  This
causes confusion for the guys doing the day to day management.