Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Script: Command to see which bar codes are in which volume pools

2004-08-26 16:43:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Script: Command to see which bar codes are in which volume pools
From: james_sherman AT uhc DOT com (James M Sherman)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:43:53 -0500
As thanks to the list for help on this, here's a quickie that I wrote for a
report we needed, in case
it's useful to anyone else:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
#  Quick report showing barcode tags, volume pools, and sorting by
#  volume pool counts. -Jay 08/04
#

@RuleList = `vmrule -listall`;

for $line (@RuleList) {
    chomp($line);
    if ($line =~ "barcode") {
       ($a, $b, $prefix) = split(" ",$line);
    }
    if ($line =~ "pool") {
       ($a, $b, $pool) = split(" ",$line);
       $Pool{$prefix} = $pool;
    }

}

@Vm = `vmquery -a`;

for $line (@Vm) {
   chomp($line);
   if ($line =~ "barcode:") {
      ($a, $barcode) = split(" ",$line);
      $prefx = substr($barcode, 0, 3);
      $Count{$prefx}++;
      $PoolCount{$Pool{$prefx}}++;
   }
}

open(FH, ">/tmp/pool.rep$$");

for my $barcode (sort keys %Pool) {
      if (! exists $Count{$barcode}) { $Count{$barcode} = 0; }
      printf(FH "%-4s %5s %20s  Total for pool
      =
%4s\n",$barcode,$Count{$barcode},$Pool{$barcode},$PoolCount{$Pool{$barcode}});
}

close(FH);

$w = `sort -nr +7 /tmp/pool.rep$$ > /tmp/pool.sorted.$$`;

open(FH2, ">>/tmp/pool.head.$$");

printf(FH2 "%-4s %5s %20s  Total for pool
= %4s\n","Code","Count","Pool","PoolTot");
print FH2

close(FH2);

$w = `cat /tmp/pool.sorted.$$ >> /tmp/pool.head.$$`;
$w = `cat /tmp/pool.head.$$`;

print "$w";

unlink("/tmp/pool.rep$$");
unlink("/tmp/pool.sorted.$$");