Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Library based cleaning [L180]

2004-08-19 11:16:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Library based cleaning [L180]
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:16:45 +0100
We use library-based cleaning on out L700s, with IBM T200F and T400F LTO
drives.  It works fine, though there is very little cleaning going on.

We just enabled auto-clean in the library, loaded cleaning tapes in the
'playpen' area and sat back.  I read that unless there are cleaning tapes
that NetBackup can see, it will not attempt to clean the drives itself. So
we may be getting messages in the log if the drives raise TapeAlert, but I
don't know and don't care.

Can't say about HP or Seagate LTO drives.

William D L Brown