Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating from Legato to Netbackup

2004-08-18 10:05:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating from Legato to Netbackup
From: cecchind AT qwestip DOT net (David Cecchino)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:05:05 -0400 (EDT)
I was the same with Legato I was like why do we need to migrate, but after
using veritas there is more out there in terms of support, tools, and
knowledge. I was using datacenter and worked great, errors codes were
useful and oracle db troubleshooting was easy. The migration was easy ,
you will probably running both environments until your retentions expire.
Otherwise, it is straight forward, having both agents installed on the
system is no problem, there are no conflicts, you can pretty much do this
operation yourself, you don't need to engage professional services. Just
get a game plan together and figure out what are your most critical
customers.

-dave