Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating from Legato to Netbackup

2004-08-18 04:04:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating from Legato to Netbackup
From: ramazan.cakir AT credit-suisse DOT com (Cakir Ramazan (KPTS 2))
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:04:09 +0200

hi roger,

we are in progress to move from legato to veritas. you can have professional
services if you pay and the rest have to be made by hand.
migration will be done till this end of year and overall we will have two
environement running the next two year.
as you noticed we are replicating legato functionalities on netbackup and the
'old' data of clients will stay on legato till they expire. another way to move
data for specific reasons we didnt consider and we dont have an archive
functionality.

i think netbackup will have some nice problems as networker had. personaly i
like netbackup because for operating reasons it is more 'manageable' and you
got an ERROR CODE if something happens. catalog backup of netbackup is a big
disaster and in networker you dont have dualwrite functionality.

.... this is the challenge; but i'm glad to have both for the next two year ;)
cheers
ramazan