Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] stop & start anti-virus from a script?

2004-08-17 11:37:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] stop & start anti-virus from a script?
From: Nathan.Embery AT crowncastle DOT com (Embery, Nathan)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:37:26 -0400
I just call the following perl script from the bpend script. You'll need the
resource kit installed for tlist and sc. I'm sure there are cleaner ways,
but this works.

Hope this helps,
Nate

# Nathan embery
# check for backup processes, start Norton unless we find some

my @running_processes = ();
my $backups_active = 0;

# grab list of processes into array
@running_processes = qx'tlist';

# loop through array, checking for bpbkar32
foreach(@running_processes){
        if($_ =~ /.*bpbkar32.*/){
                #backups still running
                $backups_active += 1;
        }
}

# see if we found any backups
if($backups_active == 0){
        # start service here if not already started
        $exit_val = qx'sc start "Norton AntiVirus Server"';
}