Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] buffer level settings for STK 9940b drives

2004-08-13 17:53:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] buffer level settings for STK 9940b drives
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:53:52 -0600
Remember that's ~25MB of shared memory for one job to one tape drive,
and more if you are multiplexing.

(num_data_buffers *
size_data_buffers)*num_of_tape_drives*max_MPX_setting

The above calculation is for how much shared memory is required by
NetBackup.  If you exceed this you will start getting backup errors.
Refer to the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide (Status Codes) under Status
Code 11 for more detail.

David A. Chapa | ADIC | 720.272.8452 cell | http://www.adic.com
Sr. Technical Advisor