Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mapping drive names to storage units? (or silo number?)

2004-08-13 13:52:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mapping drive names to storage units? (or silo number?)
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:52:03 -0500
On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:17:54AM -0500, James M Sherman wrote:
> I'm writing some perl scripts to keep history on tape drive usage,
> report % busy for every drive in the datacenter for every half hour,
> etc, and the people who care about this data would like it broken down
> by silo.

Although your perl scripts are undoubtably cheaper than a commercial
product, Aptare's StorgeConsole produces some really nice drive and silo
utilization graphs.  Look at the library utilization screenshot on their
web site:  http://www.aptare.com/software/se.jsp.

        .../Ed

Disclaimer:  I'm just a satisfied customer!

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org