Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Monitoring perfomance at the buffer level

2004-08-12 09:16:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Monitoring perfomance at the buffer level
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:16:45 -0500
On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 01:59:46PM +0100, Dave Markham wrote:
> Ed Wilts wrote:
>
> >My overall issue is that although we have GigE connections between many
> >hosts and the media servers, and trying to drive 8 SDLT220 drives in an
> >L700, we almost never exceed 11MBs of traffic coming into the media
> >servers. It's like there's a cap there that we just haven't been able to
> >remove.
>
> On answer to your capping have you check the gigabit ndd settings for
> the device ? This may help :-

It doesn't appear to be a network issue - I've down some FTP testing and
I have no problem cranking through 30MB/sec.

We avoid autonegotiation as much as we can and force everything to its
maximum speed at full duplex on both ends of the connections.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org