Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] v5.0 or v5.1?

2004-08-11 12:43:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] v5.0 or v5.1?
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:43:45 -0500
--=_alternative 005BE56B86256EED_=

I read threw the release notes and there were no features that i needed to
use right now.

I'm staying on NB 5.0MP2 for our Solaris, Win2k and Lotus Notes boxen.

Karl

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 08/10/2004 05:00:30 PM:

> FWIW, I'm interested in this info, too, so posting to the list would be
> appreciated.
> -M

that i needed to use right now.</font>
Notes boxen.</font>
08/10/2004
05:00:30 PM:<br>
&gt; FWIW, I'm interested in this info, too, so posting to the list would
be<br>
&gt; appreciated.<br>
&gt; -M<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu<br>
&gt; [mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu]On Behalf Of Wayne
T<br>
&gt; Smith<br>
&gt; Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 2:51 PM<br>
&gt; To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu<br>
&gt; Subject: [Veritas-bu] v5.0 or v5.1?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; My media kits for v5.1 just arrived, so now I'm wondering ...<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Should I stay with v5.0 or move to v5.1 (solaris server, if that
matters)?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; There has been much discussion of &nbsp;v5.0 on this mailing list
and the <br>
&gt; newsgroup, but very little about v5.1. &nbsp;Are you running 5.1?
Happily?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; In my limited experience, v5.0 has been a very poor quality release.
&nbsp;<br>
&gt; S0428, MP1 and MP2 have made it significantly better, and it looks
like <br>
&gt; MP3 is imminent.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On the other hand, 5.1 promises support for VMWARE and performance
&gt; improvements for Vault, both of which would be welcome. &nbsp;V5.1
has been <br>
&gt; out for a while. &nbsp;Is a Maintenance Pack going to be available
for it in <br>
&gt; the near future?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Any information or experiences people can share on the list or privately
&gt; would be most welcome!<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thanks and cheers, wayne<br>
&gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<br>
&gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<br>
&gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt; <br>
</tt></font>