Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore requests hang awaiting media

2004-08-10 11:02:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore requests hang awaiting media
From: kevin.m.smith AT siemens DOT com (Smith, Kevin)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:02:02 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C47EEA.FE2BD8F0

All,

We have a odd problem that occurs occasionaly on our site which incidentaly
reared it's head again today.

[V480R, 2GB Dual chan HBA, 16port Sun Switch, 6 x FC LTO-II in a L180,
4.5FP6, Sol 9 08/03 112233-11]

Our DBA's kicked of a alternate client RMAN restore from a known good
backup. The tape was in the library and netbackup knew what slot it was in.
However, the restore job just sat there waiting and waiting for the tape to
be mounted. I tried a robtest to force mount the tape which did no good, I
ended cancelling the rman job and bouncing the netbackup daemons, as this is
the only way that appears to fix the problem.

Has anyone else seen this who could advise?

Thanks

Kev.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C47EEA.FE2BD8F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>Restore requests hang awaiting media</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>All,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We have a odd problem that occurs occasionaly on our =
site which incidentaly reared it's head again today.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>[V480R, 2GB Dual chan HBA, 16port Sun Switch, 6 x FC =
LTO-II in a L180, 4.5FP6, Sol 9 08/03 112233-11]</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Our DBA's kicked of a alternate client RMAN restore =
from a known good backup. The tape was in the library and netbackup =
knew what slot it was in. However, the restore job just sat there =
waiting and waiting for the tape to be mounted. I tried a robtest to =
force mount the tape which did no good, I ended cancelling the rman job =
and bouncing the netbackup daemons, as this is the only way that =
appears to fix the problem.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Has anyone else seen this who could advise?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Kev.</FONT>