Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Backup up all files on Unix client except mount points

2004-08-04 23:13:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Backup up all files on Unix client except mount points
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:13:12 -0500
--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

* Wilson, Paul <paul.wilson AT gb.unisys DOT com> [2004-08-03 16:02]:
>=20
> Hi,=20
>    Running Netbackup 4.5 -Win2k Master server - have a requirement to
>    back up a HP-Unix server, and have now configured client ready to
>    start backups. Have been given request by unix administrator that
>    the files backed up must not include any directories which are
>    mount points.
>=20
>  Although these could be identified individually to be excluded to
>  ensure that only root system directories are included and all others
>  are excluded, as more and more files are brought on line this will
>  require a lot of manual editing. Is there anyway to set a job to
>  permanently exclude all mount point directories. Sorry my unix
>  knowledge is very limited!

NetBackup already does this by default. If you put "/" in your filelist
and do NOT check "cross mount points", it will back up ONLY files on the
root filesystem and will not back up files in the mounted filesystems.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh