Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master/media server name change

2004-08-02 15:42:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master/media server name change
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:42:04 -0500
--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

* Stump, Robert (Contractor) (DRMS) <Robert.Stump AT dla DOT mil> [2004-08-02
14:5=
7]:
> I have a NB 4.5_FP6 master server that also functions as a media server.
> I need to change the name of the master/media server.
> I know this SHOULD be avoided but I need to do this task.
> I must accept the risks and accomplish this assignment.
> I will be moving the master from a Solaris server to an HPUX 11.00.
> I have seen the steps published before in a users group but I have not be=
en
> able to locate it.
> Please, advise on the procedures to change a maste/media server's hostnam=
e.

Changing the Master server's name is something that will likely require
Professional services. The master's name is so pervasive (invasive?)
that there is no good way to do it as an end user.

The most likely way to handle it without PS would be to build the new
master and just start over, importing tapes as you have the opportunity.
Depending on the size of your environment, this may not be feasable.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu