Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cmd-line method to alter SERVER= & MEDIA_SERVER entries remotely

2004-07-27 15:39:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cmd-line method to alter SERVER= & MEDIA_SERVER entries remotely
From: apearce AT kforce DOT com (Pearce, Andrew W.)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:39:49 -0400
The Windows side is easy enough; just highlight all your windows clients
in the GUI and edit them all at once, instead of one by one.

For the UNIX side...
<Assumptions and BS>
Since there is no method to access the bp.conf settings on the UNIX
clients through the GUI like there is on the Windows side, I would guess
that bpcd on UNIX clients can't handle it, meaning that there wouldn't
be a decent NBU utility to do it either.  I think you might be out of
gas on that one.
</Assumptions and BS>

I usually script mass updates, but they still require a method of
getting files/updaets out to the hosts.  If remote shell and remote copy
features can't be used, you _could_ script something with NFS or FTP.
If there's a better way to do it - sign me up!

Andrew