Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cmd-line method to alter SERVER= & MEDIA_SERVER entries remotely

2004-07-27 12:46:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cmd-line method to alter SERVER= & MEDIA_SERVER entries remotely
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:46:31 -0600
I've got a wide enterprise of clients & I need to alter the bp.conf file
(and the Windows equivalent) remotely.

Specifically, I've got to cleanup the "SERVER=" and "MEDIA_SERVER=" entries
without altering all the rest of the bp.conf file's entries.  There's a
bunch of SERVER= entries the need to be pulled and another bunch of
MEDIA_SERVER= entries to be added.

Is there a nifty-cool way to do this that doesn't require root to be able to
remote-shell (rsh, ssh, etc) to the client?  I've played with bpsetconfig &
bpconfig but they're not going to to it.

I can type each of 16 media servers into the GUI for each of our dozen or so
NT servers but I'd rather just script it on the master.

-M

  2B|^2B == ?
  Mark Donaldson - SA - Corporate Express