Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AS/400 and Lotus Domino

2004-07-16 05:08:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AS/400 and Lotus Domino
From: Bruce.McAlister AT irl.xerox DOT com (McAlister, Bruce)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:08:59 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C46B14.87B064BE

Hi Guru's

We have a requirement to backup several AS/400 that are running Lotus
Domino. Our current centralised solution is Veritas Netbackup. I have seen
loads of people mentioning LXI's MMS product and Veritas Netbackup can do
the job. I have now just seen the LXI Open Client API
(http://www.lxicorp.com/prodopenapi.htm
<http://www.lxicorp.com/prodopenapi.htm> ), this appears to be the solution.
Does anyone know if Veritas is planning on implementing something to
interface with this API. Or am I totally being mislead by all this hype
about the AS/400 being backed up via NetBackup. Is there *any* way that they
AS/400 can be backed up through/via Netbackup using API's or third party
products....

Thanks
Bruce

------_=_NextPart_001_01C46B14.87B064BE

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2657.73">
<TITLE>AS/400 and Lotus Domino</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi Guru's</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We have a requirement to backup =
several AS/400 that are running Lotus Domino. Our current centralised =
solution is Veritas Netbackup. I have seen loads of people mentioning =
LXI's MMS product and Veritas Netbackup can do the job. I have now just =
seen the LXI Open Client API (</FONT><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.lxicorp.com/prodopenapi.htm";><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">http://www.lxicorp.com/prodopenapi.htm</FONT></U></A><FON=
T SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">), this appears to be the solution. Does =
anyone know if Veritas is planning on implementing something to =
interface with this API. Or am I totally being mislead by all this hype =
about the AS/400 being backed up via NetBackup. Is there *any* way that =
they AS/400 can be backed up through/via Netbackup using API's or third =
party products....</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Bruce</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C46B14.87B064BE--