Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there any way to query the client for which t he agents are installed on it from the master server...

2004-07-07 22:38:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there any way to query the client for which t he agents are installed on it from the master server...
From: scott.kendall AT hospira DOT com (Kendall, Scott APX)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 21:38:27 -0500
I've found that the version info collected with bpgetconfig with the -M
option isn't always accurate.

Use -g or -s with bpgetconfig and you'll get better results for version.

You will also be able to use bpgetconfig against 3.4 machines with one of
these options.

The difference between -g and -s is one is supposed to be for NetBackup info
and the other is for NetBackup or Backup Exec info... forget which is which,
but for an all NBU environment either will work or look it up in the NBU SAG
for more info.

If you're looking for what agent is installed, like SQL, Exchange, Oracle,
etc., I think you may have to query the Registry or file system.  I can't
think of a NetBackup command to show this... except maybe using bpdir to
look for a specific file or folder you'd expect to be there.

- Scott