Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Catalogs cases

2004-07-06 02:49:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Catalogs cases
From: mrkhairy AT yahoo DOT com (khairy)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:49:06 -0700 (PDT)
My answers are as follow :

1. NBU catalog are reside in the master server and not
the media server. As long as you configure your new
media server with same name and config it like the old
one. That should be OK.

2. No, you can use any storage-unit.

3. Any media use for backup are tagged to media
server. If you would like to restore it to a same
client using a new media server, hit this command :

bpimage -newserver <your_new_media_server> -oldserver
<old_media_server> -id <media_ID>