Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Warning message in problem report

2004-07-01 16:43:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Warning message in problem report
From: bedros.geyoghlian AT sbcglobal DOT net (Bedros Geyoghlian)
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:43:13 -0700
--=====================_333819727==.ALT

At 01:24 PM 7/1/2004, Hubler, Daniel wrote:

>Netbackup 4.5 on Solaris 8.
>
>Using the Windows-admin-console, inside the "problem report", a message
>shows up that says
>"WARNING:  NetBackup database backup is currently disabled."

This means you haven't set up NetBackup to do a catalog backup.  Thus your
NetBackup catalog data isn't backed up.  So if your NetBackup server
crashes, you may have to recreate everything from scratch.  I would set up
your catalog backup configuration immediately!

One exception where you might still get this message is if the catalog
backups are done via Vault.  In reality, I doubt the above message would
still show up but I'm not 100% sure and I don't have a machine w/ Vault handy.

- Bedros

Bedros R. Geyoghlian                    Mobile: 408.504.3856
Technical Instructor and Consultant     FAX   : 510.372.0128
Geyoghlian & Associates                 bedros.geyoghlian AT sbcglobal DOT net

--=====================_333819727==.ALT

At 01:24 PM 7/1/2004, Hubler, Daniel wrote:<br><br>
size=2>Netbackup
inside the &quot;problem report&quot;, a message shows up that
says</font> <br>
This means you haven't set up NetBackup to do a catalog backup.&nbsp;
Thus your NetBackup catalog data isn't backed up.&nbsp; So if your
NetBackup server crashes, you may have to recreate everything from
scratch.&nbsp; I would set up your catalog backup configuration
immediately!<br><br>
One exception where you might still get this message is if the catalog
backups are done via Vault.&nbsp; In reality, I doubt the above message
would still show up but I'm not 100% sure and I don't have a machine w/
Vault handy.<br><br>
- Bedros<br>
Geyoghlian&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Mobile: 408.504.3856</div>
FAX&nbsp;&nbsp; : 510.372.0128</div>
Associates&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
bedros.geyoghlian AT sbcglobal DOT net&nbsp; </div>