Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 + Vault + SSO Config

2004-06-30 10:52:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 + Vault + SSO Config
From: shmick AT gmail DOT com (Steve Mickeler)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:52:17 -0400
I'm going over our vault setup and want to make sure its properly
setup. My goal is to have all the image duplication handled by the
master server.

Storage Unit = L700 w/4 x LTO2's
1 x Master + Media, Solaris 8 , 4.5-FP5
5 x San Media Servers, Solaris 8&9, 4.5-FP5

Vault duplicate profile is setup like this:

[ choose backups tab ]
Type of backup = Full
Clients = list of clients to vault, inlcudes the SSO servers + others
Media Servers = <all media servers>
Schedules = <all>

[ duplication tab ] - this one is where I'm not sure its properly setup

"Media Server" has each media server listed
"Alternate Read Server" has the name of the master server listed, as I
want the master server to handle all of the vaulting
"Storage Unit"  has the name of the master server's storage unit -

Does this look correct ?