Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Capturing NetBackup GUI activity e.g. Policy changes

2004-06-29 05:02:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Capturing NetBackup GUI activity e.g. Policy changes
From: michael.thomson AT orange.co DOT uk (michael.thomson AT orange.co DOT uk)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:02:32 +0100
Hello all

Veritas finally responded to my query about whether the Windows Admin Console
creates any audit trail of changes to the policies database.

Here is a quote from the person who handled my case:

"I have re-confirmed with our Windows team that the Window admin console does
not log the create,changes, or deletion of policies.  Unfortunately, we do not
have any logs at this time that monitors that for the window admin console.

The only thing I can recommend at this time is to go to
http://enhancement.veritas.com/ where you can request this enhancement to our
product."

So it looks like I'm out of luck. This seems pretty strange, as all the admin
methods must at some point talk to the master server, and it seems to me that it
would be trivial to log these type of events, and we could make good use of this
useful information.

If anyone else is interested in this functionality, I'm sure a few duplicate
enhancement requests wouldn't go amiss!

Cheers
Mike Thomson

Important.
Confidentiality: This communication is intended for the above-named person and
may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any opinions expressed in this
communication are not necessarily those of the company. If it has come to you
in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to
anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.

Monitoring/Viruses
Orange may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current
legislation.  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

Orange PCS Limited is a subsidiary of Orange SA and is registered in England No
2178917, with its address at St James Court, Great Park Road, Almondsbury Park,
Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QJ.