Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade Media Server host hardware

2004-06-28 10:31:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade Media Server host hardware
From: William.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:31:28 -0400
Hi, all;
   I have an Ultra 10 acting as a Media Host to a Sun L9 (Quantum DLT
8000) tape library. Would I get better throughput if I put a Sun V120 in
place of the Ultra 10 to drive the L9?
   They both would have memory settings approporiate for NetBackup 3.4
[I know, I know], and both would use a PCI SCSI card.
   Thanks in advance for any replies.
-wde
P.S. Apologies if this is a self-evident question, but I'm expecting a
new baby at home and getting a little thick-witted with the waiting. :7)
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator