Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 89, 49 netbackup 5.0mp2 -help

2004-06-22 06:39:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 89, 49 netbackup 5.0mp2 -help
From: Dave Markham" <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:39:07 +0100
Is there a technote for this? URL etc?

Thanks
Dave

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Steel" <mark AT steelfamily DOT org>
To: "Dave Markham" <dave.markham AT icl DOT net>
Cc: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 89, 49 netbackup 5.0mp2 -help

> Hi
>
> sounds like tuning for /etc/system, to increase shm values.
>
> regards
> mark
>

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Dave Markham wrote:
>
> > I have just finished installing netbackup 5.0 and patched it to MP2 for
a new project. There are about 25 clients and i have about 5 policies for
Os, application, database, logs, Disaster recovery.

> > I activated everything last night and all backups tried to run doing
full backups.

> > Quite a few worked, but I had a lot of 49 and 89 errors. It seemed that
the application class all worked, the OS class had most failures and so did
my DR class. Anyway looking in the detailed status the 89 errors were
showing messages like this :-