Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring a single job on a single tape

2004-06-21 09:43:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring a single job on a single tape
From: jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org (Major, Rusty)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:43:08 -0500
How do you check for these jobs? Do you have a script, or just manually keep
track of all failed jobs and go from there?

As a side note, I've seen NBU use the same tape again after it has failed. I
think the key difference is that the tape did not fill up, so it had space to
write to even with the 'phantom' data from the failed job.

Thanks,

Rusty