Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - Upgrade to MP2

2004-06-15 13:16:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - Upgrade to MP2
From: smcallister AT orhs DOT org (McAllister, Steve P.)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:16:19 -0400
After upgrading from Netbackup 5.0 MP1 to 5.0 MP2 I am unable to start
device manager on any of my media servers. I am able to start it on the
master server. I have tried the following:

> Re-start master and media servers
> Install latest "Veritas" tape device drivers
> Initiating logging directories
> Removing device configuration from one media server and re-booting -
then re-adding config
> Verified tape device id configuration through registry

I use Windows 2003 for master and have 3 win 2k media servers and one
win 2k3 media server. I have upgraded all of the media servers to the
same release as mater. Was working fine until upgrade... Any ideas???